Our startup and early stage advisory specialists are dedicated to providing common-sense, commercial and value added legal advice to startups and early stage businesses.
The services we offer include the following:
- Advising on the most tax-efficient and business-conscious corporate structures;
- Venture capital and angel investments;
- Assisting in drafting and negotiating Shareholders Agreements and other shareholder arrangements together with structuring the relations between the shareholders, the shareholder financing of the vehicle, as well as the exit of the shareholders;
- Taking care of all aspects of the incorporation process and helping the client in the initial steps of doing business, including all necessary filings, operational licenses, registering for VAT purposes, purchase or lease of commercial property;
- Assisting with all employment, social security, immigration and relocation matters;
- Day-to-day corporate assistance, helping with joint venture and management agreements, changes in the capital structure;
- Providing a complete set of legal and auxiliary services in relation to the winding-up of legal entities, branches or representative offices.
JII advises one of the financial intermediaries for maintaining the Acceleration and Seed Fund within the JEREMIE umbrella fund, an initiative launched by the European Commission and the European Investment Bank to improve access to finance for Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the EU. The intermediary advised by JII manages EUR 9 million acceleration and seed fund and made around 120 investments in start-up companies in 4 years. Respectively, our early stage business experts were engaged in the formation of a number of start-up technology ventures, operating across a broad spectrum of sectors including: media and web-based technology, advanced engineering technology, telecoms, and many others.