Since the adoption and enforcement of the first Bulgarian law on the protection of competition in 1998, competition law has remained high on the corporate agenda, emphasized by growing foreign investment in the Bulgarian economy. We understand this reality. Thus, we take a proactive approach to addressing our clients’ competition and regulatory compliance needs.
JII has developed a strong competition law practice providing our local and international clients a full range of competition related services, starting from securing merger clearance from the Bulgarian Commission for the Protection of Competition to reviewing promotional activities and strategies. Our team has in-depth knowledge and expertise in both local and EU competition legislation and case-law. JII lawyers possess extensive experience in the representation of corporate local and foreign clients before the Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Competition and the Supreme Administrative Court on various aspects of antitrust action, unfair competition, and commercial promotion.
Our legal services include:
- Abuse of dominant position, merger control, horizontal and vertical restraints on trade;
- Distribution, licencing, agency, marketing and sales agreements;
- State aid and public procurement regulations;
- Unfair competition practices;
- Review of promotional activities and strategies;
- Consumer protection;
- Representation before the Bulgarian Commission for the Protection of Competition and before the Supreme Administrative Court.